- • To the best of your knowledge, your attendance at the Fresenius Medical Care Singapore Pte Ltd (“We”) Event does not violate any applicable laws, regulations or industry codes and/ or any terms of employment or rules of your employer
- • You understand that We and our parent(s), subsidiary(ies), or affiliate(s) will not pay for your time to participate in this Event
- • You acknowledge that you have not agreed to attend the Event as an inducement or reward for providing us and our parent(s), subsidiary(ies), or affiliate(s)with any referrals, prescriptions, business transaction, opportunity, approval or concession
Your privacy is important to Fresenius Medical Care Singapore Pte Ltd
. (“We”). The protection of your privacy in the processing of your Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes.
“Personal Data” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect Personal Data in various ways, including through registrations, applications, surveys, contact forms, in connection with your inquiries, and automatically when you register for the Webinar.
Through your registration of the Webinar, we may request basic Personal Data. Personal Data that we may request could include name, preferred language, contact details (such as postal address, telephone numbers, email address), interests, information about specialty and affiliation for healthcare professionals.
We may combine the Personal Data you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from the following other sources such as publicly accessible databases, social media platforms and other third parties.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you do not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Data as defined by applicable law (e.g. Social Security numbers, credit card number, passport number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Webinar or otherwise to us.
USE BY MINORS
The Webinar is not directed to individuals under the age of 16, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Data. If your child has submitted Personal Data and you would like to request that such Personal Data be removed, please contact us as explained below under Contacting Us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
By registering for the Webinar, you consent to our use of your personal data. We may use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation or for our legitimate business interests (including training and marketing purposes). We may also rely on other legal bases. We use and disclose Personal Data you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection to:
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- • Provide Webinar functionality and fulfill your requests notably:
- • To provide customer service to you.
- • To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests and complete your transactions.
- • To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- • To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- • To allow you to send messages to another person, such as a colleague, caregiver or friend or patient.
- • Provide personalized services notably:
- • To better understand you and personalize our interactions with you.
- • To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to identify aggregated trend reports on how our Webinar is used.
- • To analyze or predict your preferences in order to improve our interactions with you, i.e., to deliver you the content, products and offers (via our Webinar, emails or digital tools) that we believe will be relevant to your professional interests.
- • Engage with you as an HCP notably:
- • To verify your eligibility to access certain products, services and data that may be provided only to certain licensed HCPs.
- • To interact with you based on your professional expertise and opinion by digital or other means.
- • To involve you in programs/panels of healthcare professionals.
- • To involve you in the context of surveys relating to our products or services or those of a Fresenius Medical Care affiliate or business partner
- • To collaborate with you on medical events, publications, or advisory meetings.
- • To seek your views on products and services promoted by us or a Fresenius Medical Care Affiliate or business partner for development and improvement purposes.
- • Allow you to participate in special programs, activities, events, or promotions.
- • Operate our business and notably:
- • To conduct data analysis and audits.
- • To identify usage trends in the use of our Webinar and analyze the effectiveness of our communications.
- • To detect, prevent, investigate fraud and including (cyber) security monitoring and prevention.
- • To develop, enhance, improve or modify our products and services.
- • To validate your ability to access or use certain products or services.
- • To better understand how our products and services impact you and those for whom you care.
- • To track and respond to concerns, including engaging in regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety.
- • To operate and expand our business activities.
We also disclose information collected through your registration for the Webinar:
- • To our third party partners with whom we cooperate with which we collaborate regarding particular products or services;
- • To our third party service providers to provide services such as website / application hosting and moderating, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing, and other services; and
- • As permitted by applicable law, to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- • To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others;
- • To comply with applicable law and our regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations (which may include laws outside your country of residence), to respond to requests from public and government authorities (which may include authorities outside your country of residence), to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons;
- • To enforce our terms and conditions.
We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so.
In addition, where allowed by applicable law, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data for marketing purposes
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your request, please provide your name and the addresses where you no longer wish to be contacted. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Data to send you reminders
If you no longer want to receive medical reminders from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving them by contacting us at email@example.com
. In your request, please provide your name and email address or phone number at which you receive the reminders.
Your choices regarding our sharing of your Personal Data with affiliates or third party partners
If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Data on a going forward basis with our affiliates and / or third party partners for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. In your request, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and / or third party partners for their marketing purposes and indicate your name and email address.
How you can access, change, or delete your Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your Personal Data, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), please contact us at email@example.com
. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than one month after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Data may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by registering for our Webinar, you provide consent for your Personal Data to be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Some EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here
). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we are committed to ensure that adequate measures are in place, including by ensuring that the recipient is bound by EU Standard Contractual Clauses and Binding Corporate Rules, to protect your Personal Data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We will take appropriate measures to protect Personal Data that are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, including requiring service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and of applicable legal requirements. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
DOWNLOADS & MEDIA FILES
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available to you are provided at your own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, you are advised to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications. We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise you to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
Director Data Privacy – Asia Pacific
Fresenius Medical Care Singapore Pte Ltd.
238A Thomson Road #23-02/05
Novena Square, Tower A
LODGING A COMPLAINT WITH A REGULATOR / JUDICIAL AUTHORITIES
You may lodge a complaint with the judicial authorities of your country.